1. I really don’t care for expensive medical bills, insurance, or dealing with billing people. 3-D ultrasounds for high risk pregnancies are NOT optional folks and you’d think insurance would cover more than 5% of a HUGE bill…rant might be over for now, but know that Dan has heard a lot about my HATRED of insurance and the stupid broken health care system lately.
2. My mom made Daniel and I Easter baskets :) She filled them with roasted sugar nuts (finding out the twins REALLY like these, AKA they will all be gone before Monday), chewing gum, oranges, peanut butter balls, and a few fun toys.
3. Reality is starting to hit (not only with baby as I mentioned yesterday) but with leaving my job at the end of May as well. They have interviewed candidates, found a good fit, and are moving forward. I am trying to plan out my schedule to use up all of my vacation…just at one month left…wow so real!
4. I’ve been LOVING my lunches this week. I made a few batches of egg salad (Easter appropriate right?) for lunch at work. I threw in 2 boiled eggs, 1 boiled egg white, chopped up tomato, chopped cucumber, and a dollop of guacamole…I’m telling you try it! Healthy fats, veggies, and light on the tummy as I fill up pretty quickly these days!
5. Hopefully I told you (maybe I didn’t!) but Daniel and I are trying to read the entire New Testament from the Bible out loud to the twins before they arrive. Last night just after posting my post about reality setting in, I read this passage that I thought might comfort some of you worriers out there too.
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I tend not to ‘worry’ God with my ‘small’ daily burdens, but He tells us to bring it ALL to Him in prayer. Just what I needed to read last night – love that He always knows what I need.
What is your favorite Bible verse to reflect on when you have worries?