My name is Annette, and I blog at EnjoyYourHealthyLife.com. I blog about being a new mom, a part-time fitness instructor, a wife, and a lover of life! It’s great to ‘be’ here while Sarah is with her new little ones–congrats to all of them! <3
I am a fitness professional who loves to work out and help others love working out. Endorphins are some of my favorite ‘friends’ in life! 😉
So today I wanted to listed some of the not-so obvious benefits of being fit. Hopefully some of these will be a nice motivator to get our butts (and legs and backs and arms, etc.) in gear!
Not-So Obvious Benefits of Being Fit
- Better sleep quality. When you are regularly physically active you sleep very very well. ‘Nuff said.
- More positive outlook A post about that as we ourselves a pep talk!
- Healthier skin. The sweat, the fresh air, and the physiological processes your body goes through while exercising improves your skin!
- Huge confidence boost. Being and feeling fit can translate into being more successful in work and super confident in other aspects of life.
- Healthier insides. You can’t see it, but being and staying fit can do amazing things for your vessels, organs, blood, and even the cells. Once you’re fit, you almost ‘glow’ from the inside out!
- Brain power. Most studies show that physical activity is a huge brain boost-so being fit can translate into more smarts. Score!
- Better food choices. Having a strong fitness routine and ‘being fit’ can promote a healthier outlook on food and avoiding labeling any foods as “bad.” This translates into eating better to fuel the body for fitness purposes and not just because of hunger or cravings.
- Keeping sanity. Being fit can keep you sane when the world falls apart around you.
- Higher self-esteem. It is not so obvious, but when you work your insides, your mind, thoughts, and desires can become more aligned with that positive feeling your body gets. There is a very strong mind-body connection when it comes to fitness!
There are many more that I’m surely forgetting, but these are the ones that I’ve noticed in myself and others. I love to exercise, I love to teach fitness classes, and I love the benefits of being fit.
Have a WONDERFUL day! 🙂
Now I ask YOU-what are some benefits of being fit that YOU have noticed?!